Clinical Trials & Research
Information on Clinical Trials
The School of Medicine is currently working to build its clinical trials research infrastructure. Sponsored Research & Programs (SRP) staff are actively providing pre-trial administration support, as well as fiscal management support for live studies executed on behalf of the School of Medicine. Clinical research investigators and support staff may review resources provided below, for additional information on this expanding field of research.
Additional Resources on Clinical Research
- ClinicalTrials.gov is a searchable registry and results database, providing information about federally and privately supported clinical trials.
- Understanding Clinical Trials information is available for those new to clinical research.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) provides Good Clinical Practice/Clinical Trial Guidance, as well as Information Sheet Guidance for IRBs, Clinical Investigators, and Sponsors.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval of the Protocol, Informed Consent, and HIPAA Authorization Form is required in advance of initiating a clinical trial.
- UCR Office of Research and Economic Development Clinical Trials Information page provides general guidance on initiating and conducting clinical trials.